Blogroll

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Crack is Wack!

I saw this poster in the window of a deli and thought to myself that it is strange and disturbing all at the same time. It's strange to me that the term "crak" (crack) is now completely integrated into mainstream vocabulary; to the point where it can be used as a marketing/advertising tool. This is also disturbing since I feel it somehow diminishes what the term crack really represents. Which is a highly addictive and devastating drug. Now crack is being used to describe the latest, cool energy/ power drink. As though it means something delicious...

I get that somewhere in this ad there is meant to be a joke about energy drinks. For example, people refer to blackberry phones as crackberry phones due to their owners addictive tendencies towards the phone. But you don't see billboards or ads on the subway saying "Have you crackberried today?", do you? NO! I think this poster is in very poor taste and whomever came up with this name isn't funny at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment